Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Updated expression syntax  (Read 3041 times)

JTP Vis

Updated expression syntax
« on: October 02, 2017, 04:14:24 PM »
Hi,

I have discovered a rather annoying "feature" of the updated Railclone, which I can get used to, but I need to know how to fix it easily in legacy files? I have a script that randomises curtains on a spline, and randomises their openness. The problem is they use expressions to control various aspects of their movement so they they keep within specific parameters for each specific curtain. What is weird is that the RC object that is in the library seems to show updated, but a file with lots of these RC objects in seems to have updated them all. Is there a way to fix them all without refreshing the RC object from the library?

Cheers,

Bill

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Updated expression syntax
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 04:31:23 PM »
Hi Bill,

Well, several changes required to make styles work in RailClone 3 should take place automatically. Please feel free to check the "Converting RailClone 2 styles for RailClone 3" document, where you can find RC2 & RC3 differences.

Would you mind to send us the problematic scene to analyse it here? Thanks in advance.

Best regadrs,

JTP Vis

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 04:52:23 PM »
Hi Michal,

I have just sent an archive of the scene with the RC objects that haven't updated their expression syntax. What is strange is that the library file obviously has updated correctly, but this file has not.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Cheers,

Bill

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 12:14:27 PM »
Hi, we just found the problem, and seems caused by a Max bug. You can find see the details here.

Thanks,
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software