Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: segment along curved spline issue  (Read 2680 times)

Fat Tony_studio

segment along curved spline issue
« on: December 01, 2017, 09:39:54 PM »
Hello,
Is there a way to make different segments connect along the curved spline using bend option (or other) and keep the segment not "smoothed ? I needed to add supporting loop but that created a problem because when i use segment on bend option it is trying it to bend (dah). so i am thinking how to solve this. problem is that spline is curved so i need segments to connect properly.
Thanks a lot

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: segment along curved spline issue
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 10:03:12 AM »
Hi, it's difficult to get this result, because the segment should be deformed in the end faces, while keeping the inner faces straight. It would require a specific bending algorithm for that.

Depending of the geometry, you can get a similar effect removing the inner faces (so much as possible), and turning on Segment->Bend.
The attached screenshot shows how Bend works in a segment with, and without inner subdivisions.

If this technique is not applicable with your geometry, an option would be to divide the segment in different sub-segments, and deform then using several generators. Some of them with Bend-on, and others Bend-off.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software