Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Biotope Pattern  (Read 372 times)

LJ3751

Biotope Pattern
« on: December 16, 2021, 04:27:53 PM »
Hi Newbie here,

Am trying to create a pattern as shown in the reference image. Tried multiple options to recreate the same and the results were not up to the mark.
I used Linear method to create a single row of the unit but not able to replicate it in Z axis to create 11 more rows of the same. Tried connecting the Linear out to Array Default and the max slows down too much. Its still slow if I switch to clouds in display. I must be doing something wrong. Any help is highly appreciated.

In the attachment you can see the result that am trying to achieve and the 'Enscape' one is a miniature version of the same. Am using the segments shown in the attachment to distribute along an arc spline.

Dragan

Re: Biotope Pattern
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 04:44:28 PM »
Hi
It is hard to say anything without the scene file.
Please check this tutorial, maybe it can help:
https://www.itoosoft.com/tutorials/creating-a-christmas-tree-with-railclone-iii?back=page%3D3%26tag%3Drailclone

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Biotope Pattern
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 09:34:02 AM »
As Dragan mentions a scene file would help, but I would add that if you are distributing high poly objects like plants around a curved spline, make sure where possible that you disable Bend and Slice for the segments. If you leave these enabled the meshes will deform and cannot be instanced, making the style a lot less efficient. I'd also add the box mode is a lot faster to display in viewports than Point cloud mode.

Thanks,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software