Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Path Deform (WSM)  (Read 1561 times)

JM2915

Path Deform (WSM)
« on: December 09, 2015, 04:33:20 PM »
Hi,
I have a problem animating a spline using the "Path Deform (WSM)".
If  I animate the modifier, the railclone objects do not update between frames (or even in the viewport, when moving the timeslider).

Is there any solution to this?

Thanks,
Jan

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Path Deform (WSM)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 11:55:08 AM »
Hi Jan,

Thanks for getting in touch about this issue. WSMs are handled differently in max from normal modifiers and it seems that this is a tricky bug that we'll need to investigate further. At the moment the only solution I can think of is to use the standard Path Deform modifier or possibly a Skin modifier depending on what you're trying to achieve.

Thanks,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

JM2915

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 04:18:14 PM »
I never ever got the "normal" path deform modifier to work in a predictable way, so this is out.

I am trying to do a train animation.
Currently I am using the "Start" parameter on the spline to animate the train, but I want to use multiple railclone objects.
So to synchronize I tried to wire the parameters, but this does not seem to work either.
Or is there a solution to this.

Seems like I will have to duplicate the animation by hand...probably faster than trying to find a solution.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 08:38:25 PM »
Hi,

You can wire RailClone's parameters but they're not automatically visible to in wiring menus. To make them show up, just add a keyframe to the track you'd like to wire and it will become available.

I've attached a sample file with 2 RailClone objects with wired Spline > Start values (plus a slider).

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software