Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Preserving segments outside the Clipping spline  (Read 986 times)

Dragan

Preserving segments outside the Clipping spline
« on: November 25, 2020, 09:35:34 PM »
Hi.
Any chance to get a fix for this.
A lot of my Generators often need to have some segments to be outside of the Clipping Spline  ???
note:
I think that was ok in some previous RC4 BETA version since my Window Frame Macro was working fine when the sliding door option was in use.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 09:51:29 PM by Dragan »

Rokas

Re: Preserving segments outside the Clipping spline
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 10:23:00 AM »
Thanks for suggestion.

The way RC works now makes sense for most styles. While I agree that RC styles could be improved with Your suggested behavior ( segments outside clipping splines), I just don't think this would be best implementation.

We will think what can be done to improve RC for such use cases.
Rokas

Dragan

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 10:45:03 AM »
Hm, I have to recheck my frame macro to see how I managed to preserve segments when sliding outside the clipping spline  :o

Dragan

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 11:39:00 AM »
Yeah... just checked. It is working fine il Linear mode but Clipping Spline will cut out the segments.

Please take this issue in serious consideration because some Generators will not work, EG. Sliding Doors, Shutters etc.
Since we need to do booth: disabling slice and preserving mode I think unwanted behaviour is not an issue and the logic tells us that segment should be preserved even if they are completely out of Clipping Spline.
Take the X/Y/Z offset in General mode for example, Y|Z offset will move the whole generated model (depends on x rotation)  but X offset will cut it out from Clipping Spline.
I have at least a dozen Styles waiting for this to be possible. Usually, I found a workaround but sometimes is just to much work an expanding the Style jut to override this issue (I have to go from simple A2S to few linear generators to accomplish the same task).

PLease..... just.. please  ;)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 11:50:32 AM by Dragan »

Rokas

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 11:45:50 AM »
I agree this would expand RC potential and would be beneficial for all.
We are now focusing on ForestPack, so can't promise quick solution.
Rokas

Dragan

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 11:54:05 AM »
 :(
I`m thinking now: "this must be a single line somewhere in the source code, just disable the #$%#%%$# cut off"  ;D

Dragan

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 12:59:15 PM »
https://forum.itoosoft.com/railclone-pro-beta/bounding-box_cutout-on-the-end-side/

Carlos quote:

"According to my tests, this problem happens with any input, not only nested Generators. I can reproduce it using a simple Segment.
It is caused by a change in the logic of No-slice Segments. With RC3, segments can be extended beyond the spline's end, but RC4 removes them.

I modifed the code a bit to fix it, and seems to work well. If there are not problems (we must do more tests), the fix will be included in the next update."

So... It is just a bit of modifying the code :D :D :D