RailClone > RailClone Pro (*)

How To Do Open Ended Brick Wall?

(1/1)

leejk:
Hello,

I have searched the different posts here about brick walls but did not see what I am looking for. I need to do a pattern of concrete bin blocks, which normally are no more than 3 courses high because of their size. Where the ends are though, each course needs to be staggered back, but intersections work just like normal brick. Here is a photo of what I'm after: https://www.ohiomulch.com/products/99491-6-concrete-blocks

Any ideas on how that can be achieved? The spline layout would be like in the attached photo. I have modeled 3 different blocks that have random damage, so ideally would like RC to randomly pick from this pool as it constructs the wall. I sort of started out with a test scene but quickly realized I am not on the right track. The scene just has substitute models in it, but these block have slots that interconnect, so that will have to be accounted for too.

thx

Paul Roberts:
Hi,

Thanks for the interesting question. Turns out that's trickier than it looks.

Please see the attached file for a possible solution. There are a few notes on how to use it.

- I've split the spline into two. One for the main U shaped spline, and another that contains the intermediary walls
- Vertices are set to Corners to create a corner, and Bezier-Corners to create a T junction
- There's a padding parameter that can either create a mortar joint or overlap bricks
- Bricks should be the same size on the X Axis. There are parameters to override the size if you want them or leave them at 0 to use the size of the original geometry

I hope that helps, let me know if there's anything else that you need.

All the best,
Paul

leejk:
Thank you Paul. That is an impressive graph that I will study.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version