Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: How to make 45 degree corners?  (Read 4282 times)

HB2523

How to make 45 degree corners?
« on: October 18, 2017, 03:39:05 PM »
I'm trying to create a building facade along a spline. But I can't get my corners to match up propperly.

I've downloaded the example file by Paul Roberts from this thread:
https://forum.itoosoft.com/railclone-pro-(*)/best-way-for-corners-in-hedge-making/

And modified the segments a bit to simply have the facade. But I can't get the corners to line up properly, there is a overlap at one side, see the image below, why dosn't RC slice the segments here? How can I fix this?

Edit: I've attached an reference image for what type of buildings I'm trying to create.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 03:49:42 PM by HB2523 »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: How to make 45 degree corners?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 03:59:52 PM »
Hi,

That should be easily fixed by adjusting the Right Padding Parameter. Also, please double check the Pivot Point position of the Segment when used for the Alignment. Hope that helps.

Best regards,

HB2523

Re: How to make 45 degree corners?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 05:22:37 PM »
Alright, nice, that worked! :)

But the next problem is that when I add the slooping roof, the segments moves away from the spline when Alignment X and Y is set to Automatic, so I have to use Pivot point for the walls to follow the spline propperly. But now the Right Padding doesn't do the trick anymore, I've tried combining it with Left Padding and tried Translate X on the straight wall segment but not matter how I mix and mach these values I can't get the Defaults and the Corners to match up propperly.

Also, the Slicing to the roof is not working either, so the polygons are sticking out through eachother. I've attached an image below, showing what I mean.

I also attached and image of another atempt I did, whit a more detailed corner. This corner is not modeled at a 45 degree angle but rather in a stright line like the wall themself, this works if I'm using Bend and creates a rounded corner, but I can't get it to work with 45 degree corners. I also have problem getting the root to mach up with the walls here as well, as you can see in the image.