Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: How to make a shape like in the picture??  (Read 1218 times)

Joker1979

How to make a shape like in the picture??
« on: January 31, 2023, 08:59:03 AM »
Hi, I have a question, how to make such a shape as in the pictures so that the building has different height values on one shape, I didn't know that it was possible to do something like that, only when I saw the picture of your collection did I understand that there is a way to do it. I bought Background Buildings Volume 2 but there is nothing like that. Could I get one example of a simple node how to do this I would be very grateful. Best Regards.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: How to make a shape like in the picture??
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 09:29:43 AM »
Hi,

That was done just by using two buildings one stacked on top of the other. You can easily stack up buildings with different base spline to get different shapes, but it's not currently possible with a single style.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Joker1979

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 10:13:25 AM »
Thank you for your quick response Paul :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 10:26:31 AM by Joker1979 »

IL2267

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2023, 01:55:23 PM »
I know it's a late reply but maybe someone else finds it useful. You can find attached a simplified style that uses one segment for the facade, one for the terrace and one single spline. All relevant parameters are exposed. You can adjust the height and number of stories for the base and top part individually and also the offset of the facade. There are some issues when you make the offset value larger than 5-6m but other than that is works pretty well.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2023, 02:04:17 PM »
Thanks for sharing, that's a nice solution.

All the best,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

IL2267

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2023, 02:39:30 PM »
No problem Paul. I just noticed that I did the offset parameter wrong and tweaked it. Now there are no problems with larger values for the offset.