Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Deleting colliding items  (Read 416 times)

enzo_87

• www.lorenzospinola.com
Deleting colliding items
« on: September 07, 2020, 02:03:01 PM »
Hi everyone,
I tried to have a look in the past posts, but couldn't find anything about this....

basically I'm scattering a box in a clipping aree with RC, placed on the same rows but randomized horizontally.

so far so good, I wasn-t just sure if to use FP or Rc but I chose RC because I have more control in the distances between the boxes.

I have a little problem that shows up sometimes, basically the boxes are colliding...is there any way to make one of them disappear?

other thing, I wanted to create some "holes" between those, and I was trying with the randomize node adding an empy segment in it with the box, with the idea to control the amount of randomness....
but as soon as I plug in the empty segment the boxes disapper too.
what am I doing worng?

thanks in advance,
Lorenzo

Rokas

Re: Deleting colliding items
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 02:06:27 PM »
Hi
Would You please share Your max file for us to check ?
Rokas

enzo_87

• www.lorenzospinola.com
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 02:10:04 PM »
Sure,
sorry, I forgot to attached it before

Rokas

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 02:30:02 PM »
OK, thanks

instersections- unfortunately no, that is unavoidable in this situation. Maybe those can be "randomized" in some predictive mathematical pattern that does not intersect... Just an idea.

Randomizations - You need to add some Fixed Size (probably best the same as Your current box dimensions)

When RC encounters empty object it stops the sequence. In Your particular case random seed is outputs first element to be this empty one and kills whole style.
Rokas

enzo_87

• www.lorenzospinola.com
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 03:11:38 PM »
Thank you very much.

noted for the intersections, I'll deal with it in some way.

just a thought: do you think will be possible to have a feature in future similar to Fp where you can select the single element and then maybe handle it with position/scale/rotation?

Noted for the empty segments too, I'm gonna try straight away.
thanks as always

Lorenzo

Rokas

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 03:20:34 PM »
RailClone 4 has new feature- markers. That is our implementation of custom elements. There is no other way to edit an segment after it was generated.
Rokas