Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Forest Pack material in Railclone object  (Read 2589 times)

KN1988

Forest Pack material in Railclone object
« on: September 09, 2014, 10:51:21 AM »
Strange Question:

I use Railclone to place hedges on terrains. It works like a charm. Forrest pack also has the ability to place hedges along a spline, but it isn't as accurate with the start and end points of the spline. With railclone I have a lot more control & realtime feedback when I edit the spline. Maybe an idea to make a library preset for hedges?

But now my question:
Is it possible to use a forest color map in a railclone object? This would make variation a lot easier. If it's not possible: Perhaps this is an handy update?

Thanks and kind regards,

Toni
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 11:07:24 AM by KN1988 »

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Forest Pack material in Railclone object
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 11:17:15 AM »
Actually it's not possible to use Forest Color with RailClone, because it requires custom shaders and a full implementation specific for the plugin. Anyway, this is something we want to do.
Probably we should create a new "iToo Color" map or similar, so the same texture can be used for both plugins.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

KN1988

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 11:22:35 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply!
That would really be great! And a simple button to convert the old forest color maps to the new "iToo Colo" map.
Can't wait for this update. It would give a lot of variation to my Railclone objects.

Thanks again.

Guillermo Leal

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 02:03:45 AM »
I know this post is old, but has any work been made to support forest color or similar in railclone?

Guillermo Leal.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 04:49:39 PM »
Hi Guillermo,

This is high on our wishlist but I'm afraid we have no more news at this time. Meanwhile, depending on your needs you may find you can use Bercon Maps, Multi-texture or CrossMap quite successfully with RailClone. You can find more information about this in our Knowledge Base, but please let me know if you have further questions.

Many thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software