Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Feature Request - Browse Entire Library  (Read 1520 times)

SnipeyX

Feature Request - Browse Entire Library
« on: December 10, 2015, 08:57:21 PM »
While the ability to categorize library items in different subfolders is nice, I frequently find myself jumping between different folders trying to find what preset I want to start with (the category only helps if I know specifically what category something I want is in...) I want to be able to see everything at once and 'filter' down from there. I thought it would be helpful if it operated how some other browsers do (Lightroom for one...) where if you look at the root, you see all library items underneath that. Essentially you're including subfolder items while you browse. So with the default library, if you click the "Architecture" folder, I want to see thumbnails for everything under building types, exterior, and interior, (and any children of anything below those) all together at once. Then go to building types, and just see anything that is a child of that (including items in the Stadium subfolder, etc.) I could see maybe someone doesn't want that functionality (maybe it'd be slower to browse or something, who knows), so I suppose having it be a preference you could toggle would be ideal.

Possible?

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Feature Request - Browse Entire Library
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 09:11:14 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. We're planning a re-write of the library browser soon so feedback on this subject is very helpful. We'll take your ideas into consideration.

Many thanks!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

joeykey

Re: Feature Request - Browse Entire Library
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 01:27:43 AM »
Paul, I would suggest have a look at how Project Manager works. It's an excellent content mangement plugin for 3ds max. Cheers.

http://3d-kstudio.com/product/project-manager/