Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: If Y then do...  (Read 1733 times)

Macker

If Y then do...
« on: August 01, 2018, 01:34:50 PM »
Hey guys,

Trying to set up a Railclone style here to allow me to create cladding panels (kingspan microrib/long format) around a building quickly, whilst also cutting out windows in the necessary places, and so on.

Everything is working well, I have a style set up that selects specific sets of panels for various openings (windows/doors) based on spline material ID's. Essentially what I have is:

ID 1 - Plain wall (900 panel + 900 panel + 600 panel + 900 panel wired to a sequance operator.)
ID 2 - Door opening (Null 900 + Null 900 + Null 600 + 900 Panel wired to a sequence operator.)
ID 3 - Window Opening (900 Panel + Null 900 + Null 600 + 900 Panel wired to a sequence operator.)

These are then selected based on spline ID, and this works well (keep in mind the industrial buildings this will be used on are fairly simple). The only issue is that the door obviously repeats on each floor - which I don't want to happen, so I wired it into a conditional that basically says if Y Counter = 1 then use ID2 sequence, but if not then use the ID1 sequence. it "sort of" works in that the lowest panel is an opening, but everything above is filled in. A door for the vertically challenged, if you will.

How can I get this to work? I've tried the compose operator but to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

[Edit] I found a solution though whether it is the best solution is up for debate. The sequence repeats after four segments, so I changed the conditional from "Y greater than 1" to "Y less than 4".
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 01:39:43 PM by Macker »

Rokas

Re: If Y then do...
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 01:40:10 PM »
File would help to understand Your style better. Can You please upload it?
Rokas