Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Missing parts of the surface  (Read 483 times)

PC9708

Missing parts of the surface
« on: November 14, 2022, 06:53:27 PM »
Hi there,

I have one issue that I've encountered before. When I use Array 2s with splines on multiple planes ( all attached ), I am missing surface parts.
I've been trying to play with auto-align options ( X -->XY, to Spline ) and Hierarchy checking, but had no luck.
I also tried to reset xform. This does change which part of the surface is missing, but is still not correct.
The only solution I have is to make all splines separate.
Is there any way to have only one spline like this and still make the surface look good?

I am using the latest version.

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 06:55:00 PM by PC9708 »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Missing parts of the surface
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 09:11:25 AM »
Hi,

Assigning different Material IDs to these spline parts would be the recommendable way while using the Hierarchy Checking set to By Mat.ID feature. Also for this kind of setup, using the Auto-align > to Spline would be highly recommendable. You can use the "Make first" vertex (that should help mainly in your case) and "Reverse" spline commands to modify alignment as needed. I hope that helps.

Best regards,

PC9708

Re: Missing parts of the surface
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2022, 12:49:02 PM »
Hi,

Using separate material IDs for the splines(planes), setting the hierarchy checking to By Mat.ID, and using auto align > to spline indeed solves the problem.
Never crossed my mind that I should add separate material IDs to the splines, which makes sense now when I think about it.
I didn't have to use reverse spline or make first option at all.

Thank you so much  for the solution

Best Regards