Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Scale(stretch) along a number of splines?  (Read 461 times)

UG2706

Scale(stretch) along a number of splines?
« on: August 14, 2020, 12:54:11 PM »
Can I and how would I scale(stretch) along a number of splines and not just one segment of a spline?
The top wire-frame is what I want (I have manually) scaled it. And the bottom is RC on a spline with two segments. You can see the Vert position. But I want the geometry to scale across two or more segments of a spline. It is part of a few other thing along the way. Possible?
Cheers.

Rokas

Re: Scale(stretch) along a number of splines?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 02:11:00 PM »
Hi!
You can use arithmetic node and specify segments length using XSplineLength parameter

Hope this helps
Rokas

UG2706

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 09:24:24 AM »
Thanks @Rokas for looking at that for me, I really appreciate the help - awesome! I've been playing with it today (real work got in the way!).
I'm haven't really dug into expressions etc. I've been using RC for years and years now for ArchViz but I'm doing a completely different project now so I'm need to get more out of RC.

My problem now is if I elevated the vert the scale goes beyond the vert. And I sometimes I have it stretch around curves also if that helps. See attached markup02. I copied the expression text and changed to Y and Z, but nothing changed for me.

Another issue I have come into is in tight corners the geometry creates error. What might the work around for this be also? See attached markup03 and 04.
I will in the end need to add more connected edges to make it smoother or maybe I'd add a mesh smooth. Unsure. The end outcome is to have smooth curves etc.  Or is there something in RC that would solve this?

Cheers,
Jamie.

Rokas

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 09:59:09 AM »
I did not understand 1st issue.
2nd:
Try adjusting curve steps parameter. Increase it to few hundreds.
Rokas

UG2706

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 11:02:06 AM »
Thanks for getting back to me.

First Problem.
Check attachment markup05. A flat spline works fine and is scape within the spline.

Check attachment markup06. When I move the vert up the segment is scaled past the vert. But it should be scaled within the spline.

UG2706

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2020, 11:34:43 AM »
Attachment 05!

Rokas

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2020, 12:27:48 PM »
Uncheck Slope Fixing option.
Rokas