Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: How to do this very simple incremental transformation?  (Read 1810 times)

onyxlee

How to do this very simple incremental transformation?
« on: March 06, 2019, 06:42:38 PM »
This should be pretty basic and easy for the almighty RailClone, but I can't find it anywhere about the incremental transformation. Does this have to require any macros to achieve this result? Any existing transform nodes or properties in the style editor are only for the whole RC object or the segments, they don't do incremental rotation, scale, position offsets. Any insights please? Deeply appreciated.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: How to do this very simple incremental transformation?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 12:06:24 PM »
Hi,

First let me mention, that you might find interesting the "RailClone Xmas Tree II" tutorial about incremental rotations.

Using the Arithmetic Operator would be the recommendable way - it might be driven by a really simple expression like the following one:

SegmentXCounter * Input1

where the Input1 represents the wired Numeric Operator hosting the "Angle" value.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

onyxlee

Re: How to do this very simple incremental transformation?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 05:11:51 PM »
Thanks for your help. From the tutorial section that you recommended, I also found this quick tip, which turned out to be very easy and visual.

https://www.itoosoft.com/tensecondstips/incrementdecrement-values-along-a-spline

Although I still don't quite understand when to use Increment by X Pos and when to use by Y Pos. And also why this macro has to be connected to the transform node, instead of the original segment node (I kind of get the idea, but it's definitely not clear that the transform node (with the help of the macro) actually only affects individually instances on the spline. Newbies have to figure this out without a clean UI, this is why after watching RC video tutorials for so many years, I still know nothing :-D )

I wish I can redesign the interface and use clearer terminology to help newbies after me :-D

Thanks again for your help.