Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Increment Evenly Distance  (Read 1429 times)

Bruce Hart

Increment Evenly Distance
« on: February 15, 2019, 03:12:18 PM »
Hello
I'm trying to set up an incremented X distance along a spline, but having no luck.  The part I can't set up is adding an increment value in a cumulative way along the X direction.   What I want is for a distance between segments to increase every N length along the X direction where  the distance would be x=x+N, and form an exponential increase.  The attached image shows a gradient increase distance between lines (if that helps explain).  If someone could tell me how this translates to an expression I would appreciate it.  I thought it would be something like ....return Input1=((Input1+Input2)*XSplinePosition).... but that's the wrong syntax.   I don't know if this should be piped into an X translation operator, the Evenly Distance Parameter, or something else

Cheers

Rokas

Re: Increment Evenly Distance
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 03:16:50 PM »
can You draw Your segments and spaces between?

In ilustration i see different segments stacked one after the other without any distance between them.
Rokas

Bruce Hart

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 01:42:26 AM »
Sorry the image attached was just to illustrate the gradient increase between a line or segment.  The new attached image explains it better.  The posts have the distance between them incremented by 100mm each time.

Rokas

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 09:43:26 AM »
Thanks for clarification. I attach You such RailClone style

« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 09:51:32 AM by Rokas »
Rokas

Bruce Hart

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 02:23:12 PM »
Hey Rokas
That's exactly what I was after.  I see you used the Right Padding with the expression.  I was going down the wrong path trying to alter the Evenly Distance.
Thanks so much for your time with this.  I was actually wanting to generate a gradient blade screen for a building facade.  Attached is your file with the segment made thinner for example.

Thanks again
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 02:36:50 PM by Bruce Hart »