Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Inside Corner Sidewalk  (Read 3613 times)

Bobby Parker

Inside Corner Sidewalk
« on: September 18, 2017, 06:34:01 PM »
I would think that this is a very comment scenario, however, it obviously isn't correct.

Bobby Parker

Re: Inside Corner Sidewalk
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 11:47:14 PM »
I ended up going with a radius,  however, I am still getting overlaps. The radius is rather large, too. Also, having a railclone anything in my scene makes my scene very slow. 3DS MAX 2018 with all updates and the latest Railclone.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 03:33:52 AM by UC3472 »

Bobby Parker

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 03:03:52 PM »
I ended up using tried and true sweeps, which took a couple minutes. I spent the whole day trying to get it to work with Railclone. I am finding anything but a straight run doesn't make much sense.

TL1895

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 05:02:10 AM »
For the same reasons, I too, avoid the RC for sidewalks and roads 9 out of 10 cases.  Hope it will improve :)

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 11:23:11 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback guys. You're right that the pavement styles don't work well with hard corners. In part this is because adaptive mode which is used in these styles does not allow for bevelled corners. You can enable bevelled corners by changing the default mode in the generators to Tile

This will slice the pavers at the corner. Unfortunately this isn't really how pavements are built in real life. We'll take a look at these styles to see what can be done, and we're also going to take another look at enabling corner bevel when using adaptive mode. If the depth of the pavements was fixed this would be a lot easier - would fixed width pavements be useful for your work?

Many thanks again,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software