Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Reload all the RC segments  (Read 4129 times)

Rokas

Reload all the RC segments
« on: June 30, 2014, 10:13:51 PM »
Hi,

how to reload all the RC objects all segments in the scene,  preferably using maxscript?
Rokas

Rokas

Re: Reload all the RC segments
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 10:35:07 PM »
One more related question.
I created a custom library object and used it in new scene.

But I cant get it updated in the scene, after doing update in the library.
Rokas

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 08:45:44 AM »
Hi,

1. There is a button in the Style Editor's toolbar to update all segments. This action is not available from Maxscript.

2. The RC objects in the scene are not updated automatically if the library changes. The library browser works as a styles container only, but there is not a dynamic link with the objects.
    You can do this:

- Select one of the objects, select the style in the library and reapply it.
    - Click the third button in the Style rollout to copy the style to the other RC objects.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Rokas

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 09:18:22 AM »
Hi,

1. There is a button in the Style Editor's toolbar to update all segments. This action is not available from Maxscript.
I know that button, thank You, but it only refreshes current RC object, i need to refresh all RC objects in the scene.

2. The RC objects in the scene are not updated automatically if the library changes. The library browser works as a styles container only, but there is not a dynamic link with the objects.
    You can do this:

- Select one of the objects, select the style in the library and reapply it.
    - Click the third button in the Style rollout to copy the style to the other RC objects.

Didn't work. What worked is creating new spline for new RC. Applying library RC to that spline and then copying to other RCs.
Thank Your there is "Copy style to multiple" button. This way I can workaround my issue number 1 - mass updating RC objects...
It`s not a good solution, but that will do.
Thank You for fast support.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:19:53 AM by Rokas »
Rokas