Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Removing instances  (Read 4669 times)

Evgeniy_Ivanov

Removing instances
« on: August 01, 2017, 10:15:36 AM »
Hey
 - Ho do I remove 2 or more of instances by one step?
 - and is there a glossary for expressions with examples?

Thanks!

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Removing instances
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 10:31:52 AM »
Hi Evgeniy,

Depending on your style set-up, it might be archived by using an "empty Segment" and define its Fixed Size correspondingly (under the General - Fixed Size / by exporting these parameters / within a Transform Operator).

Let me add, that there is always possibility to use a very powerful tool which is part of RailClone Pro called "RailClone Tools". This allows you export your scattered geometry as instances. It can be found it under Utilities panel - More ... - RailClone Tools. Please check this reference. You have a lot of possibilities what will happen with your instances after conversion to mesh (for example moving all instances to new layer is very useful).​​

The Expressions Syntax can be found in our on-line reference guide.

Best regards,

Evgeniy_Ivanov

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 10:39:19 AM »
Hi Evgeniy,

Depending on your style set-up, it might be archived by using an "empty Segment" and define its Fixed Size correspondingly (under the General - Fixed Size / by exporting these parameters / within a Transform Operator).

Let me add, that there is always possibility to use a very powerful tool which is part of RailClone Pro called "RailClone Tools". This allows you export your scattered geometry as instances. It can be found it under Utilities panel - More ... - RailClone Tools. Please check this reference. You have a lot of possibilities what will happen with your instances after conversion to mesh (for example moving all instances to new layer is very useful).​​

The Expressions Syntax can be found in our on-line reference guide.

Best regards,

So theres no more procedural way of removing them?

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 01:17:41 PM »
Hi Evgeniy,

Would you mind to describe more in detail your scene & RC object set-up?

Best regadrs,

Evgeniy_Ivanov

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 08:38:22 PM »
Hi Evgeniy,

Would you mind to describe more in detail your scene & RC object set-up?

Best regadrs,
something like that
http://prntscr.com/g33mho
how to remove procedurally the ones outlined in red
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 09:39:14 PM by Evgeniy_Ivanov »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 11:12:21 AM »
Hi,

It's possible to use for example the Vertex Type to determine, if the Segment will be placed or not. Another possible way would be to define Material IDs of the base spline and use the Conditional Operator to check it. In a similar way the Position on the Spline, Segment X Counter and other can be used. Attaching a sample scene. Hope it'll help.

Best regadrs,

Evgeniy_Ivanov

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 01:58:02 PM »
Hi,

It's possible to use for example the Vertex Type to determine, if the Segment will be placed or not. Another possible way would be to define Material IDs of the base spline and use the Conditional Operator to check it. In a similar way the Position on the Spline, Segment X Counter and other can be used. Attaching a sample scene. Hope it'll help.

Best regadrs,

Thats good, but i dont have the extra vertices along a segment http://prntscr.com/g3ehxj

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 04:55:32 PM »
Hi,

You can for example use two Conditional Operators like in attached screen-shots (using Position on Spline - Greater & Less) or previously mentioned Segment X Counter. Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Evgeniy_Ivanov

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 06:13:10 PM »
Hi,

You can for example use two Conditional Operators like in attached screen-shots (using Position on Spline - Greater & Less) or previously mentioned Segment X Counter. Hope that helps.

Best regards,

I dont understand how conditional operators work?

Evgeniy_Ivanov

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 09:37:33 PM »
How cam i remove these instances:
http://prntscr.com/g3kprv

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 10:38:24 AM »
Hi Evgeniy,

Using the Position on Section condition within two Conditional Operators should do the trick. Alternatively, ever easier way would be to use the Sequence Operator in the Reset at Spline Section mode and define Counters correspondingly. Attaching screen-shots & sample scenes.

Best regadrs,

Evgeniy_Ivanov

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2017, 01:20:27 PM »
Hi Evgeniy,

Using the Position on Section condition within two Conditional Operators should do the trick. Alternatively, ever easier way would be to use the Sequence Operator in the Reset at Spline Section mode and define Counters correspondingly. Attaching screen-shots & sample scenes.

Best regadrs,
okey got few questions.  if i plug in the same geometry node both as true and false its gonna return TRUE or FALSE on the output? and why do you have an empty node there? and why rcSegment wired to both conditional operators? and an example with the X counters please! X counter doesn work on sections?

I need to remove instances with objects fixed on their place. Greater or less their are adaptive conditions and break my scructure along spline.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 01:37:26 PM by Evgeniy_Ivanov »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 01:47:29 PM »
Hi Evgeniy,

As mentioned in our on-line reference guide, the Conditional Operator "accepts two Segments as input, returning one of them (true or false), depending on whether certain conditions have been met. These can be nested to create a complex decision tree."

In the scene attached previously, the first Conditional Operator checks if the Position on Section is Greater than the "limit value" and decides if the "rcSegment" or "empty Segment" (to make a gap) will be placed, then the second Conditional Operator is looking if the Position  on Section is Less than the other "limit" - once reached, it returns the FALSE input (rcSegment). This way the "empty Segment" is used just if the Position on Section is between these limits.

Hope that clears it up.

Best regards,

Evgeniy_Ivanov

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 02:18:05 PM »
Hi Evgeniy,

As mentioned in our on-line reference guide, the Conditional Operator "accepts two Segments as input, returning one of them (true or false), depending on whether certain conditions have been met. These can be nested to create a complex decision tree."

In the scene attached previously, the first Conditional Operator checks if the Position on Section is Greater than the "limit value" and decides if the "rcSegment" or "empty Segment" (to make a gap) will be placed, then the second Conditional Operator is looking if the Position  on Section is Less than the other "limit" - once reached, it returns the FALSE input (rcSegment). This way the "empty Segment" is used just if the Position on Section is between these limits.

Hope that clears it up.

Best regards,

omg this is so confusing...what about the x counter questions? do you know why or not?

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2017, 03:11:04 PM »
Hi Evgeniy,

First let me mention, that we acknowledge that RC comes with a much steeper learning curve than Forest Pack. In an effort to help users get acquainted with RailClone, we have an ongoing series of tutorials you may find helpful, and detailed documentation. I would recommend you to check our RailClone "Getting Started with RailClone" followed by our "Next Steps with RailClone" guides too.

Please feel free to do some testing with the provided sample scene "170803_rcSequence_iToo.zip" - by setting Counters you can choose wich Segments will be "replaced" by an empty Segment.

Best regards,

Thank you! Sequence is what i needed!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 03:05:14 AM by Evgeniy_Ivanov »