Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: How to do cladding?  (Read 1144 times)

jlvisuals

How to do cladding?
« on: February 26, 2019, 06:08:44 PM »
I have owned RailClone Pro for about two years ago, but have never been able to use it on any projects yet because I find it so confusing and have not been able to find any tutorials for the tasks I would like to do with it. For example, I see people using it to do cladding, and there even different types of cladding in the library, but nowhere in any of the tutorials is a there a basic tutorial about how to go about using them. As such, I find myself wasting time trying different settings with no luck, and end up doing my 3D siding within Sketchup or A-Tiles. Are there tutorials that I am missing, or would some kind user be able to do a step by step as to how to go about using the claddings included with the library, and how one would go about applying them to an object, and how to use the clipping planes? I am usually pretty savy when it comes to learning new software, but this particular one just makes me want to pull my hair out I find it all so confusing.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: How to do cladding?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 11:17:26 AM »
Hi,

I would suggest you check the "Creating Roofs with RailClone" tutorial for more detailed info regarding Clipping Spline principles and recommendable techniques for this kind of tasks.

Let me add, that we acknowledge that RC comes with a much steeper learning curve than Forest Pack. In an effort to help users get acquainted with RailClone, we have an ongoing series of tutorials you may find helpful, and detailed documentation. I would recommend you to check our RailClone "Getting Started with RailClone" followed by our "Next Steps with RailClone" guides too.

Best regards,