Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Array 2S XandY offset move in same direction  (Read 513 times)

Rhodesy

Array 2S XandY offset move in same direction
« on: August 18, 2022, 11:15:13 AM »
Railclone version 5.2.6

This has perplexed me for a while now. In array 2s mode when I'm creating a planked floor for example, in the general geometry roll out there is an option for x/y/z offsets. I'm using the default mode. The z works fine as expected, lowering or raising the floor but the X and Y both move the style over in what looks like the x direction so I can't move in the Y.

The only way around this I have found is to go in to the segment node and and adjust the translation of the segment. This is OK for a simple setup but not great with more complex ones. And I wonder what the point of the X/Y offset is in the general tab?

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Array 2S XandY offset move in same direction
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2022, 11:25:52 AM »
This seems to be working fine here.

Do you have a sample file where it's not working?

Thanks,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Rhodesy

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 11:47:20 AM »
Thanks Paul.

Here is an example file. Slightly different. I want to keep within the clipping spline outline for the paving in this case, and just line up the paving by using the x and y offset. I realise ultimately I will need to split off the horizontal bands and rotate the style for those bits by 90 degrees for those to line up. But hopefully this should illustrate the problem when adjusting the x and y that the style just moves left to right and you cant move it up and down. Certainly thats the case at this end.

Thanks
Rob

Rhodesy

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 11:52:30 AM »
Ah I have done some more diving in to this. It appears to when the style is rotated using the Z rotation in the clipping area section. If I put that back to 0 then the x and y work fine. But switch it to 90 and the x and y dont work. Is this the same at your end?

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2022, 11:55:43 AM »
Thanks, yes I've just spotted the same thing thanks to your file. I'll let the developers know. In the meantime, you can probably just rotate the whole RailClone object 90 degrees instead of using the Z Rotation parameter.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Rhodesy

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2022, 12:08:03 PM »
Thanks Paul. I'll do that in the mean time. Thanks for your speedy response.