Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Randomize Sequences Issue and more...  (Read 694 times)

Dragan

Randomize Sequences Issue and more...
« on: May 25, 2020, 08:42:44 PM »
Hi,
I was playing around with a Macro generator in the topic: https://forum.itoosoft.com/railclone-pro-/parametric-sunshade/ and bump into some issues:
Macro is a little bit messy because I just rush into it to see how can it be done with a simple Sequence but I noted problematic spots in the Style.

1.  I tested on a simple scene and it seems Sequences can`t be randomized.  (Orange Note)
    - I have two Sequences: one generating opened blinds and second generating closed blinds
    - The goal is to control the percentage of fully opened/closed blinds
    - when both Sequences are connected the result is just overlapping one on top another
I can make workaround e.g. nesting Sequences into new generators but I just want to be sure if this is a bug or intended behavior.

2. If I set Randomize Numeric nodes (for Rotation and Open) to generate on X Spline Section  I got results similar as it generates on Segment. (Grey Notes)
    - The goal is to get different openings/rotation for each Sequence if the Generator is divided by X Evenly. Please connect the Null segment to the Transform>X Evenly.
Again, I think nesting Sequences into new Generator and setting to generate on `Generator` will solve the issue. So, bug or intended behaviour?

3. Transform Node is not acting as Null when connected to the Generator but it seams that successfully terminates a Sequence. (Purple and Green notes)

just a note: Z Rotation of Extended Clipping area is set to 180 deg so everything is working somehow upside down.  ;D  I thought this rotation could be a possible issue but it seems this is not the case and rotation is working just fine. 

Please, don't waste time on solving complete Style to working properly  ;) , I just need some light on those behaviors.
Thanks

« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 08:06:25 AM by Dragan »

Rokas

Re: Randomize Sequences Issue and more...
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 09:28:17 AM »
Hi Dragan

Thanks for so structured post.

Use Selector node:

You can use a helper arithmetic node workaround for this:

Code: [Select]
return mod(XSplineCoords.x +  XSplineCoords.y, (Input1));
3. Yes, seems like a bug. Use regular null segment for now.
Rokas

Dragan

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 09:56:24 AM »
Hi Rokas

1. Yes, the workaround with Selector is working I trayed this but then it is difficult to target the percentage for each input. How to set e.g. ratio 20:80, 50:50, 70:30 ? So, is this overlapping with Sequence to Randomize a bug?

2. Helper is a nice solution but is the generate on XSegmentSpline actin like this intended behaviour?
A assumed when the default  is split by Xevenly generate on XSegmentSpline will take this in the count. I look on this as a bug or am I wrong?

Dragan

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 11:55:03 AM »
Ok. I think I got an easy solution for Selectors Random percentage:
e.g.
30:70
Random 1 - 100
If random<=30,1,2

I think that will work just fine.

Thanks for the help. I`ll test it as soon as I got hands on the computer. ;)

Dragan

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 02:20:10 PM »
 :D
I menage to workaround all but the random opening when the default is split by X Evenly.
The openings are defined by the percentage of the number for fully opened blinds. (Noted Blue)
I try the same arithmetic trick as you give me for rotation but no luck  :(

Rokas

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 03:10:27 PM »
Each of the column asks to be separate generator for me.
Rokas

Dragan

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 03:19:09 PM »
Ok. Thank you Rokas.
I kinda hoped that it can be solved similar to rotation with some arithmetic help node.

And what is the final verdict on Sequence >> Randomize? 
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 03:26:12 PM by Dragan »