Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Macro/Sequence  (Read 2436 times)

Dragan

Re: Macro/Sequence
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2022, 02:38:35 PM »
Carlos, thank you for clarifying that for me.
I`ve tracked back, set all Segments to Force Instance since everything is calculated and scaled to fit and work as expected.
There are a lot of things that I can`t process because it is under the hood so I can get to the solution only by troubleshooting and sometimes I take a long time.

P.S.
Sorry for reporting all those issues. I have returned from a short vacation and maybe overcharged my batteries  ;D ;D 8) 8) but, I was determined to come out with a good graph solution to resolve some new challenge so maybe I'm pushing RC over the limits.   
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 02:58:26 PM by Dragan »

Dragan

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2022, 05:46:17 PM »
this one was unexpected...
I think this one is with new RCEdit.dll

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2022, 10:26:19 AM »
Not problem at all. These cases are always useful to identify hidden problems, or to improve RailClone.  ;)

Yes, thanks. This minidump uses the patched RCEdit.dll, and give us more information.
Crash is the same as previous, related with a hold operation. I will analyze it on deep, to identify what is happening.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Dragan

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2022, 08:15:30 PM »
Hey, Carlos! I have a tricky one!
I have sent you the Scene file and the video...

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2022, 12:04:52 PM »
We tried with several scenes, but could not reproduce the RCEdit crash issue. It would be a very random issue. Minidumps give us some information, but not enough to fix it.

Anyway, i made a change which i hope may help. Please, replace your RCEdit.dll with the attached one, and tell me if there is some improvement.

Regarding the other case, it's a limitation of Sync.Gen with nested generators. This parameter was added for separated generators, but nesting use a different workflow.
Unfortunately at this moment i don't see a simple way to fix it. I added it to the to-do list, for a future revision.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Dragan

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2022, 12:10:10 PM »
Regarding the other case, it's a limitation of Sync.Gen with nested generators. This parameter was added for separated generators, but nesting use a different workflow.
Unfortunately at this moment i don't see a simple way to fix it. I added it to the to-do list, for a future revision.

Ok, thank you for taking the time to look at it. I will change the Graph to compensate for this issue.

Dragan

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2022, 03:42:25 PM »
I have displaced handle segment from nested generator and connected directly to compose operator and that "leveled" up the nesting. Working now. Tnx.

Dragan

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2022, 11:30:23 PM »
New issue. I have tried to isolate it on a smaller scale.

1. Some type of randomization will break my Sequence order which includes spacing by Empty Transform (even if I connect a simple box to it).
I try to use:
Randomize operator = False result,
Randomize via Selector and Expression as Index input (expression has IntegerRND) = False result,
Randomize via Selector and Random Numeric = Good except Generate on Segment.

2. Macro is a simple blind shader with just a bottom padding to lift up and Percentage calculations for defining min/max opening. 
Although I`m pretty sure my Graphs should work I still got some clipped areas without geometry. (I even make sure to have a smaller Y size by subtracting the bottom size from Y Size to make sure the bottom segments always remain).
My min/max workflow has Maximum Evaluation so if Min>Max then Max=Min, so it should return a fixed percentage if only Minimum is entered, but I still find some randomization in size.

Maybe I'm just a little tired since I'm working on this 24/7 and I'm missing something...  :-\ but I will appreciate it if you guys could take a look at this.

Regards

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2022, 09:47:22 AM »
Regarding your second question, I may be misreading your graph, but in one of the arithmetic nodes it looks like you are using the X Size of the array to calculate the bottom padding. Should it be the Y size?

I've swapped it here and it seems to work.

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2022, 09:57:55 AM »
And regarding question 1

RandomInt, The Randomize operator and the Random number node in Generate on Segment mode are all effectively doing the same thing, which is generating a random number for each new segment used in the array. Since you need a new random number for each X Spline, it's causing issues. If you need to use an expression and return a random number based on an IF statement, I'd wire a Random number node (in Generate on X Spline) to an input and pass that on if the condition is met.

Cheers,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Dragan

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2022, 10:02:13 AM »
Damn! $%#%$#% You are right! I told you I`m dead tired!

Thx, that was an easy fix for issue #2 now Carlos should take a look at issue #1 (The Randomize Operator will break a Sequence order)

This Randomness throughout the nesting is giving me a serious headache now... Eather I didn't pay attention before or it was working better on previous releases  :o
I`m sure Carlos didn't change the code but I usually didn't have so many issues with the Random Numeric node and I did a lot of nesting... hm
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 10:14:00 AM by Dragan »

Dragan

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2022, 10:13:16 AM »
And regarding question 1

RandomInt, The Randomize operator and the Random number node in Generate on Segment mode are all effectively doing the same thing, which is generating a random number for each new segment used in the array. Since you need a new random number for each X Spline, it's causing issues. If you need to use an expression and return a random number based on an IF statement, I'd wire a Random number node (in Generate on X Spline) to an input and pass that on if the condition is met.

Cheers,

Paul

Tnx, I assumed so. I just use that for testing purpose.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2022, 10:22:49 AM »
Just to clarify that a little bit. The Sequence nodes each have a counter that increments each time the node is evaluated. This means that the counters for each sequence node only increase when the node is picked by the Randomize operator, it's not in lockstep with the generator's segment count. This is why the sequences can get out of sync if they are randomised per segment. 

Hope that makes sense!
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Dragan

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2022, 10:26:43 AM »
So, you are saying I have to go with one more nesting through L1S to fix this  ???

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2022, 10:29:48 AM »
As far as I could see in your example, you can fix it using the Random Number node set to X Spline Start no?

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software