Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Macro/Sequence  (Read 2434 times)

Dragan

Macro/Sequence
« on: June 29, 2022, 08:03:02 PM »
Hi
I`m taking some test stacking sequences on X/Y. As usual, I`m leaning on Macros to make some things even possible  :)
Not sure why but I had several crashes during testing...
I`m sending the last minidump.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 04:00:59 PM by Dragan »

Dragan

Re: Macro/Sequence
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 08:06:44 PM »
forgot to note:
It will be nice if we could have a Numeric parameter{Selector} in Macro
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 09:09:46 AM by Dragan »

Dragan

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 10:56:52 PM »
another one...

Dragan

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 09:43:23 AM »
...and another one...

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022, 11:08:35 AM »
I see two different issues on these minidumps:

- One related with a scene hold operation. This has been reported by other user, but we could not reproduce it yet.
- Other related with a deleting nodes process. No idea why this happens now.

Have you experienced so many crashes before ? It's strange.

Please, do this:

- Update your 3DS Max to the latest update. According to the minidump, there is no any service pack installed.
- Replace RCEdit.dll with the attached file. It doesn't change anything, but may provide us more debug information on next minidumps.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Dragan

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2022, 01:23:11 PM »

- Other related with a deleting nodes process. No idea why this happens now.

Actually, the crash happened when I deleted some wires connected to Sequence Operator and not some Node particularly.

Dragan

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2022, 04:17:52 PM »
Still playing around with this style.

1. General > For No-Slice> Free or Preserve mode not working well.
2. Please check behavior on Sequence-Y for Reset at > Spline SECTION is ok but, Spline START is wrong.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 04:00:47 PM by Dragan »

Dragan

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2022, 04:22:15 PM »
Although, I think it`s working, but for some reason, the last Sequence input before termination is cut out.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 04:48:57 PM by Dragan »

Dragan

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2022, 10:23:55 PM »
new minidump...

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2022, 08:57:18 AM »
new minidump...

Did you replaced RCEdit.dll with the patch ? This minidump seems to use the old one yet.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Dragan

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2022, 09:26:50 AM »
Hi Carlos
I think I did but maybe I missed the folder location...

At the moment all the crashes are happening during Graph editing (deleting the wires, scrolling the Sheet with the middle mouse button while holding the wire, deleting nodes, etc), but I`m thinking that might be a problem with the speed of manipulation with all the nodes. I'm probably not waiting long enough to command complitly be finished and I`m already on the next node... :-[

But, right now I`m more concerned about this Sequence behavior losing the last row on the Clipping threshold end and the difference between Section vs Start reset.
Eventually, it will not affect my final results since everything will be calculated to fit the clipping spline.

Although I had some new issue I`m not sure of it.
If I add the final Transform Operator with Deform override to Force Instances and set the General for no-slice to Free does this means I should get all segments to be instanced in the Statistic considering the Display is set to Mesh?

Dragan

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2022, 10:27:53 AM »
Here is an updated scene file (please don't mind on Graph's chaos)

On the Red Note I have set Transform Operator to Force Instance, I set Generators to be no-sliced Free but I still got some non-instanced segments on the Statistic report.

Second, I think I`ll already requested or I was about to do during some Betas: Could be possible to have some General features from L1S like Reverse, Mirror, Flip A/B...
As you can notice from the Green Notes I have to do an additional nesting just to mirror complete geometry.

Thank you.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 04:00:31 PM by Dragan »

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2022, 11:17:32 AM »
Hi Dragan,
There are many questions, i will try to reply all of them:

At the moment all the crashes are happening during Graph editing [...], but I`m thinking that might be a problem with the speed of manipulation with all the nodes. I'm probably not waiting long enough to command complitly be finished and I`m already on the next node... :-[

Yes, perhaps the hold operation is received while RC object is rebuilding. Theorically that should not happen, but we'll test it.

But, right now I`m more concerned about this Sequence behavior losing the last row on the Clipping threshold end

As far as i can see, there are not enough rows in the array to include that last segment. I mean, clipping area is not enough large to include a complete frame.

... the difference between Section vs Start reset.

Well, this is a tricky issue. Effectively, there is a know bug with Y Sequence, when applied to multiple sub-splines: first sub-spline is correct, but in next ones the first segment is incremented by one (in the sequence).
I can fix it, but that would break existing scenes, which have been designed considering current behaviour (that happens with the customer who reported this issue intitially).

Second, I think I`ll already requested or I was about to do during some Betas: Could be possible to have some General features from L1S like Reverse, Mirror, Flip A/B...

It's on the wishlist for next versions. By now we're releasing mainly update fixes, to get a fully stable version. Next, we'll start to make changes in a new beta.

On the Red Note I have set Transform Operator to Force Instance, I set Generators to be no-sliced Free but I still got some non-instanced segments on the Statistic report.

I have not checked this yet. I will take a look to it.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Dragan

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2022, 11:36:29 AM »
Hi Carlos, Thank you for all the effort.

Ok, for the Sequence reset is not a big issue since it is still operable.

Makes perfect sense for his one.

But, right now I`m more concerned about this Sequence behavior losing the last row on the Clipping threshold end

As far as i can see, there are not enough rows in the array to include that last segment. I mean, clipping area is not enough large to include a complete frame.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2022, 01:54:27 PM »
Regarding the 'Force Instance' issue, it has no effect if Segments were already sliced by a previous Generator.

For example, in Gen1->Transform Force Instance->Gen2. If Gen1 produces any sliced segment, it cannot be reverted to an instance by the Transform.
In this case Force Instance should be enabled in a previous step (before Gen1).

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software