Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Features request or How to  (Read 2187 times)

Gil-

• cynaptek.com
Features request or How to
« on: June 11, 2018, 01:32:03 PM »
Hello that would be cool to have a filter approach to be able to work by segment / spline

For the material random per exemple.
So that the same material id result is used by segment / spline.

Also, to be able to use random spline for the array 2s so that we can vary the height randomly by segment / spline.

Anyway, I have to say that the plugin is already super usefull as it is. Thanks iToo :)

Rokas

Re: Features request or How to
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 01:49:47 PM »
Thank You for Your suggestions.
Unless I misunderstood(if thats the case, please explain what You want to achieve in more detail) what You want, it is already possible:

Rokas

Gil-

• cynaptek.com
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 05:36:15 PM »
About the material randomness here is a simple scene (Max 2018 & Vray) :

http://cynaptek.com/files/RailClone_Test.zip

As you see I can't have the randomness by segment of the spline if I have several levels.
All the "Generate on" options don't allow me to have one color for each Segment.
It works only when the same mesh is used for the "Bottom Side" and "Default". It's like having two Material modifier (one for each model) means that the random generator generate two different number.

Is there a better way to have the same color for each Spline's Segment in that case ?

The problem is similar for the height. I would like to be able to control the height by Spline's segment and not by Model. The only solution I found is to control the height with a Numeric parameter linked to the Y Size of the Array 2S.

Please let me know if I'm missing something. Thanks !

Rokas

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 11:20:37 AM »
First issue is added for consideration for future development. Regarding second- I did not understand Your. You can currently control height with y spline length.
Rokas