If the rotation in the center of each slat is the same across the whole facade then this is certainly possible in the latest RailClone releases using the Banking feature. I've attached a file to illustrate that uses this features
- A RC spline modifier is added to the X spline with a Banking marker at each end and one in the center. The center one controls to rotation of the slats
- This spline set the size and controls the deformation of a segment wire to an L1S generator used to create a single slat.
- The L1S Generator is nested into an A2S generator to create an entire facade - using another spline for the Y axis.
- To control the start/end of the twisted section, another RCSpline modifier is added to the Y axis. The ID number chooses whether a section is flat or twisted.
- To enable this in the graph, a Selector operator is used with its mode set to Y Spline Marker ID. INto one input we have the nested generator, and the other is just the segment.
- The A2S generator must have Rules > Banking > Modifier set to 0 so that it isn't affected by the banking assigned to the X Spline.
I know you mentioned the Morpher modifier, but actually I think this approach works rather well in combination with RailClone if you need to vary the "openness" of the slats over the facade. I've therefore included a second sample in the same file that uses this technique.
It works as follows:
- It's a simple RailClone setup. Just an A2S generator with the slat segment. I've moved pivot to the top and set the Alignment to use it for the Y axis only
- Y Rotation is exported so that the slats can be easily controlled without openning the graph.
- A morpher modifier is applied to the top of the RailClone object and we capture the state of the model with the slats closed
- Increase the percentage for the captured close state to 100%
- Next add a Volume Select modifier below the Morpher. Set stack selection level to vertex, use whatever volume you like, and tick Selection Method > Invert.
- Enable falloff
- You can no use the RailClone objects exported rotate property to control the openness of the slats.
I hope that helps,