Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Adaptive segment is broken\Sliced  (Read 541 times)

EM4616

Adaptive segment is broken\Sliced
« on: August 28, 2022, 11:22:02 PM »
Hey !

Can't solve the problem.
Just build a simple facade (top - residential) with the help of generator arrays.
The facade includes segments with balconies and according to my tests, the pivot in all of them is set correctly and in the same place.
I actually have two problems:

1. I got a strange gap right after one of the corners. Why? And why exactly there?
2. I can't get to the front with all its segments intact. This means that sometimes there are segments that break or are cut at a certain point and I cannot get a complete model. Even in adaptive mode, even at the price of adjusting the sizes.

I really hope you can point out the problems and offer solutions.
Thank you !

attached file

Dragan

Re: Adaptive segment is broken\Sliced
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 01:10:33 AM »
Issue1:
It seems the gap occurs only at the first vertex.
This could be addressed #IToo as a possible bug.
So as a workaround just add an extra vertex (it will be good to place it as the point where you expect the start of some default segment), set it to the smooth, and make it first. For the Rule>>Corners Type>>set to use just Corner.

Issue2:
Adaptive mode is only working when the segments are the same X size.
So, again as a workaround, you can nest one L1S Generator to act as a single segment which will be used as Default.

I`m not sure about the rest of the Style and how you want to align everything (bottom/default/top) in line but those are just quick tips. Sorry, I don`t have time for more at the moment.
Regards

« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 01:13:06 AM by Dragan »

EM4616

Re: Adaptive segment is broken\Sliced
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2022, 04:34:56 PM »
great, thank you very much
very appreciate .
I wish I knew the coding well enough :D