Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: BUG: Vray-Light gets realy big after adjusting source light multiplier  (Read 484 times)

satoer

If I distribute a Vray light (I used a "Disc" light, don't know if all lights have this problem) and adjust the source light, the Railclone copy gets really big.
(See images before and after)
After changing the alignment to something else and back to "Pivot" the lights are restored.
(Railclone Pro 5.0.6)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 11:56:12 PM by satoer »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: BUG: Vray-Light gets realy big after adjusting source light multiplier
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 09:55:24 AM »
Hi,

I've done some quick tests and all seem to work just fine here (I haven't been able to reproduce the described behavior). If possible, please feel free to send us your scene (ideally simplified and containing just this problematic object(s)) to helpdesk@itoosoft.com to check it here. In case of a big file size, please use a web sharing service like WeTransfer. Ideally, if you'll be able to reproduce it on a minimal scene, which you can send us, it would be great.

Best regards,

satoer

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 12:23:51 PM »
I've attached the scene to the bare minimum. If I do anything with the source light (even moving) the Railclone duplicate gets scaled really big. If I save, and reload the scene (without doing anything) everting is fine again. It also restores if I make an adjustment to the Alignment of the segment in Railclone.

satoer

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2021, 12:32:17 PM »
Oh! I've found the reason why it's doing this. It's the preview of the the directional options. If it's set to "Selected" it's doing this behaviour. Because Railclone shows the lights as a box, it suddenly goes really big. But, it does not go back to the previous state if I deselect the light. It also does not go big If I select the light. It only updates when adjusting parameters.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 03:51:57 PM by satoer »

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2021, 10:37:10 AM »
This is a known issue with non-geometric objects (specially lights).
There is not a reliable way to get size of the light object (because is not geometry). Max returns different values, depending of the viewport state, gizmo, etc.

How to fix it: use Segment->Fixed Size to define the size. For example X=1m, Y=1m, Z=1m (all parameters must be non-zero).
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 10:41:06 AM by iToo »
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software