Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Default Mode > Count affect Section  (Read 403 times)

Dragan

Default Mode > Count affect Section
« on: December 28, 2021, 05:53:04 PM »
Could be possible to Default Mode Count affect/create Section size like corners, evenly and markers do?
Regards
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 08:54:59 AM by Dragan »

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Default Mode > Count affect Section
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 09:45:03 AM »
Hello Dragan,

Technically a section is the distance between the start/end/corners/markers. Basically whenever the spline is divided. Default -> Count mode on the other hand fills in between these points with a set number of objects. If you need the size of the default segments in count mode could you use XSectionLength divided by the count value?

Cheers,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Dragan

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 09:51:45 AM »
 :D Yes, I know. I just hoped this can be coded under the hood.
 Sometimes I have a complex Generator using Sections Lenght for nested generators and last time I had a situation with changing between Evenly, Markers, Corners, and additionally with Count Mode and I had to do one more Arithmetic loop calculation to add this particular SplineLenght/Count to accomplish it.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 10:01:38 AM by Dragan »

Dragan

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 11:01:09 AM »
If you need the size of the default segments in count mode could you use XSectionLength divided by the count value?

No, I just meant to Count Mode act as a common corner/evenly/marker separator.
eg. If the count number is 3 it will return 3 Sections to work with instead of doing with EvenyCount=3.
So that way I could maybe use both counts, Default Count Mode as master and Evenly as secondary `splitter`.
Just a thought :D

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2021, 11:24:42 AM »
I don't think you could use XSectionLength because of how that works internally, but maybe we could return the size of the default segment that's calculated using Count mode as a separate expression. I'll pass the request on to the devs.

Cheers,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Dragan

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2021, 11:31:42 AM »
If it can`t be incorporated into XSectionLenght then maybe just leave it as it is. I think adding one more attribute variable will just make a mess in an already large number of it.
It is not a problem to do one more arithmetic division.  ;)
P.S. Let them concentrate on preserving segments issue :D