Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Material changes faces that were previously changed  (Read 1170 times)

Alex.S

Material changes faces that were previously changed
« on: December 16, 2016, 11:20:10 AM »
I have logic to change material based on spline ID in one circumstance, and based on a parameter in the object in another.

Let's say if Spline Mat ID is 2. I then change Mat ID 1 to Mat ID 2 using a Material node.

Later on if I change Mat ID 1 to Mat ID 3 if a profile variable is enabled, it will change those faces I already changed earlier.

(I will for now work around this by changing the order of these changes and changing the spline mat id things after the profile variable - but I would not expect it to overwrite what I already did and this is not always possible)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 11:23:22 AM by Alex.S »

Alex.S

Re: Material changes faces that were previously changed
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 12:30:18 PM »
Did a simple test to prove, middle segment of spline has mat id 2. The material objects change Mat ID 1 to 2, and the second changes Mat ID 1 to 3.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 12:56:00 PM by Alex.S »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Material changes faces that were previously changed
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 02:30:17 PM »
Hi,

Currently the Material Operator always replace the Material ID of the Segment (without being involved by any other Operator). This way it's possible to wire several Material Operators in series, each controlling a different input ID without confusions, which might reading modified values bring.

Depending on your scenario, to get the desired Replace Material ID / From / To values, you can use another Arithmetic Operator or use different Material ID ranges for each Segment.

Hope that helps a bit.

Best regards,