Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Spline ID bug - Adaptive Interpolation ON/OFF  (Read 1062 times)

IJ2087

Spline ID bug - Adaptive Interpolation ON/OFF
« on: December 16, 2016, 05:24:21 PM »
I think I've come across a bug when using adaptive interpolation on splines. I've built a simple RailClone that uses two different segments and a spline material ID 1 for one generator and spline material ID 2 for another. It all works fine until I set adaptive interpolation for the spline to 'ON'. Railclone then gets messed up and uses both segments on ID 2 except near some vertices. Screen grabs below show the problem and the MAX file is attached.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 05:40:54 PM by IJ2087 »

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Spline ID bug - Adaptive Interpolation ON/OFF
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 05:56:40 PM »
Hi, thanks for reporting the problem. This issue is caused by the spline adaptation over the surface. The bug is already fixed for RailClone 3.

Until update is released, as workaround you would conform the spline using our Glue plugin, and use it in RC.
Please note that Glue doesn't preserve IDs either, so you need to set them again once spline is conformed.

I hope that helps. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

IJ2087

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 09:34:27 PM »
Hi, thanks for reporting the problem. This issue is caused by the spline adaptation over the surface. The bug is already fixed for RailClone 3.

Until update is released, as workaround you would conform the spline using our Glue plugin, and use it in RC.
Please note that Glue doesn't preserve IDs either, so you need to set them again once spline is conformed.

I hope that helps. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks for letting me know...We are actually doing this in lieu of using glue and sweep on curbs since designs change so often and it gets a little messy using glue every time. We will just avoid Adaptive Interpolation until 3 comes out and will just increase steps for now. :-)

Alex.S

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 01:45:47 PM »
oooo, RC3 sounds interesting  ;D