Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: material operator issue  (Read 3634 times)

barry john

• Barry John
    • 3d digital studio
material operator issue
« on: January 20, 2015, 10:39:43 AM »
Hi
I am using a material operator plugged in to a randomize to randomize the materials which seam to work fine in the viewport but doesn`t work in the final render, I using MentalRay, any ideas? I have attached a scene shot

Thanks

Rokas

Re: material operator issue
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 10:54:11 AM »
i can`t wrap my head around this setup- 3 randomize nodes(2 materials and one geometry), where it could have been enough only one- material.
Rokas

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 11:14:21 AM »
Hi,

Actually, as you are using MentalRay renderer it'll depend which release of RailClone you are using. Up to RailClone Lite/Pro 2.3.4 the Material operator was compatible only with V-Ray, having Display->Use Geometry Shader enabled.

In the latest RailClone Pro 2.4.1 beta is possible to use this operator with any renderer when Display->Use Instancing Engine is off. Feel free to check the Feature Compatibility table in our on-line reference guide. As mentioned there: "Partially supported features are marked with a  ✗* and highlighted in yellow. These can be enabled by turning off the instancing engine."

Hope you'll find it useful.

Kind regards,

barry john

• Barry John
    • 3d digital studio
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 12:44:12 PM »
Hi Michal,
Thanks, that works, I`m using the lasted railclone pro, new i was doing something wrong!!:)

Hi Rokas

Its actually 4 materials in matID 1,2,6 and 7 randomly assigned along one piece of geometry, I would like to add more materials to randomize the look a bit more so this was a test. How would you have done it?

Thanks

Rokas

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 12:46:20 PM »
could You attach simplified scene ?
Rokas

barry john

• Barry John
    • 3d digital studio
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 01:58:53 PM »
I can`t , sorry.
I think if i organize the matIDs better i would probably only need the 1 material operator  , this way i could say replace id 2 with ids 5-10 , i see what you mean though.

Cheers