Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: RailClone Cladding Issues  (Read 3616 times)

ForgeSouth

RailClone Cladding Issues
« on: April 01, 2018, 05:49:59 PM »
Hi all,

I am having an issue that I'd like some help with, please! I am new to railclone so if this is a simple question, I apologise in advance.

I am wanting to create vertical cladding on a house, but it is not really working. If I draw a spline under every area that needs cladding I get an OK result, but because I need adaptive on, the boards are not lining up vertically. It would be much better if I could just get all the boards to fill a predefined shape on the wall rather than just a spline. I have tried the method for flooring (in the flooring tutorial), but that seems to only work on horizontal surfaces and not vertical.

The other issue I have is that I have a pitched roof and need the cladding to be cut following the line of the pitch, but that is also giving me issues and is creating holes in the top of the cladding (a simple box), which I don't want.

I am only using one piece of geometry for the cladding.

Would really appreciate your help and guidance!

Thanks!

Rokas

Re: RailClone Cladding Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 01:52:30 PM »
Hi
sorry for long delay before answering this one. This was unusually long. Don`t get discouraged to write again!

I attach a Sample scene with some custom cladding and with flooring style applied on some "building"
The only parameter that had to be changed is "Clipping area" -> "Auto align" -> "to spline"

You can adjust alignment of style by determining which spline vertex is first.
More info about clipping area parameters

Let me know if that helps, and if not please attach Your scene for further assistance.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 01:58:58 PM by Rokas »
Rokas

ForgeSouth

Re: RailClone Cladding Issues
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 12:18:02 PM »
Thanks very much! This is very helpful! Appreciated!