Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Mirror Operator  (Read 497 times)

arch3d

• arch3d.pl
Mirror Operator
« on: February 25, 2023, 08:17:06 AM »
Hi,
I think mirror operator ( and build-in option in A1S ) flipping normals

Best
Michal

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Mirror Operator
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 03:56:08 PM »
H Michal,

I’ve done some quick tests, but I can’t reproduce the described behavior here – the Mirror option within the Linear 1S1 Generator doesn’t “flip normals” in my setup. Also, by using the Mirror Operator inside of the RailClone object you shouldn't face any "flipped normals" like while using the 3ds Max's Mirror tool. Also, the Mirror or Symmetry modifiers should work just fine. Please find attached a sample scene using the 2Sided material (also the xView - Face Orientation tool doesn’t show any issue(s)). In case of any further troubles with it, if possible, please feel free to send us your scene (ideally simplified and containing just this problematic object(s)). Ideally, if you'll be able to reproduce it on a minimal scene, which you can send us, it would be great. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

arch3d

• arch3d.pl
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 05:22:25 AM »
Hi Michal,
I noticed that faces are inverted in Quick Mesh mode.

Best
Michal

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2023, 10:19:15 AM »
Hi Michal,

Big thanks for the provided scene. As you’ve pointed out, that’s just a “viewport issue” linked to the way how the QuickMesh mode works, the Mesh mode preview shows the “complete mesh” and it’s rendered correctly. We'll see what can be done in future versions to bypass this limitation - it'll need to be investigated more in deep by our main developers.

Thanks for your feedback, it's very important to us. Have a nice day.

Best regards,

arch3d

• arch3d.pl
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2023, 11:07:53 AM »
To be honest really hard to find any bugs in Itoo software. I'll keep trying ;D