Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Bounding box for different sized objects?  (Read 419 times)

Crayox

Bounding box for different sized objects?
« on: November 11, 2021, 11:36:51 AM »
Hi guys,
I'm making a tile linear distributer for my shelves. It's filling them with random books and objects. I'm only pluging in the evenly or default in the generator. The problem is that some objects overlap. They are all different sized of course. Can RC use objects bounding boxes, like max size?
Thx

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Bounding box for different sized objects?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 11:44:07 AM »
Hi Crayox,

Without seeing your style it's hard to say, but I would guess that the overlapping is between the default and the evenly segments? The Evenly segments are spaced along the spline at fixed distances, and aren't able to adapt to their neighbours except to slice them. On the other hand, default segments shouldn't overlap because the bounding box is taken into consideration when placing them along the spline. If you can upload a simplified version of your file I can take a closer look.

In answer to your question, you can access the size of any segment by right-clicking any node and selecting Export Attributes. From here you can choose which sizes you wish to export.

I hope that helps,
Paul

Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Crayox

Re: Bounding box for different sized objects?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 02:06:56 PM »
Thanks, you're right. I tried using only default now (even without start and end) and it's ok now. Tested it a bit and no overlapping.