Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Pillars on plateaus with different heights  (Read 453 times)

Soluna

Pillars on plateaus with different heights
« on: December 28, 2020, 10:50:05 AM »
Hello guys,

hope you had a  great christmas!

I'm pretty new to Railclone and in my current scene I'm trying to create pillars on plateaus with different heights and different widths (screenshot). I'd like to place a different amount of pillars on each plateau, depending on the width of the plateau. The pillars should stand on top of the plateaus and not (like currently in my scene) float in the air. I created a spline to determine the "way" from the first plateau to the last.
Is there any way to do this with Railclone?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Soluna

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Pillars on plateaus with different heights
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 11:27:42 AM »
Hi,

Having the used Segment's Deform mode set to Stepped and using the Surface Object should do the trick. Please feel free to check the attached sample scene showing this set-up. I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Soluna

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 01:02:12 PM »
Thanks a lot for your fast reply!

Your explanation and the scene file definitely helped me! However, I noticed that you have a similar situation in your scene file where some of the segments are not placed on the surface but seem to float in the air (screenshot). That´s what I´m experiencing as well in my scene. Is there any way to make that whole process work a bit more "accurate" so that the segments only appear when they can fully stand on the ground? I already tried playing with the

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 01:14:27 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for your swift reply. I see. Setting the X Alignment to Center and optionally lowering the Surface Interp. value (it defines the distance between vertices created to conform the spline to the surface, decreasing this value will improve the accuracy of deformation) should fix it.

Best regards,

Soluna

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 01:20:14 PM »
That solved the problem!! Thanks a lot again for your help!

Stay healthy and take care!

Greetings from Germany,

Soluna