Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: More tutorials  (Read 2947 times)

BT4215

More tutorials
« on: April 08, 2015, 06:49:34 PM »
Hi All,
I just purchased RailClone Pro.
It's the best tool i've ever used.
I watched the tutorials but I would like to see a tutorial specific for each node and possibilities.

Does RC Pro work as paneling tools for Rhinoceros? I would like to understand if I can create structures like this:
http://www.artribune.com/2012/06/la-dove-abita-il-design/

regards

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: More tutorials
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 01:56:06 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the kind words, we're glad you're enjoying using RailClone. We're always interested to hear feedback about the plug ins and we're keen to make them as accessible as possible.  You may find the documentation helps in providing you a thorough explanation of all the features and recently we have released a guide to Getting Started with RailClone which includes many examples. This is the first of 3 parts that will also include an intermediate and advanced guide to be released soon. We hope these will help new users to get acquainted with the plug-in quickly.

Regarding your second question, RailClone is not strictly speaking a panelling tool, though it is possible to project a 2d array onto a surface to achieve some similar effects. However currently this won't work well on surfaces where the faces are very steep or facing away from the RailClone object. You can read more about using surfaces here. In the structure in your link for example, you would be fine on the relatively flat roof but it probably wouldn't work with the funnels that connect the roof to the ground. Improving surfaces for this kind of application is something that is on our wish list.

I hope that helps, please let  me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Paul

Paul Roberts
iToo Software

TL1895

Re: More tutorials
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 05:04:14 PM »
Dear OP

Have you ever tried Populate Panels?
http://populate3d.com/products/panels/#download
It's free, maybe worth a test...