Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: RC Vertex Normals  (Read 2835 times)

BC4316

RC Vertex Normals
« on: November 09, 2016, 05:59:59 PM »
I've started noticing that with one of my custom Railclone setups that while modifying the spline or adjusting parameters that the vertex normals seem to break.

Adding a modifier that validates the vertex normals fixes it, but ideally I'd like to have 0 modifiers on the stack since it's being created for our model library for multiple people to use on production. Applying the modifer to the extracted segment doesn't fix it, only adding the modifier to the RC object does.

This has happned to me twice now working with this particualr RC and i cant replicate it atm to post an image, but if i am able to ill reply with one.

on a side not, has anyone else noticed that Undoing too many times while Railcloning crashes Max?

Thanks for any help!

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: RC Vertex Normals
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 11:30:56 AM »
Hi,

As I've just posted on this "It doesn't seem that Railclone support vertex normal!" tightly related thread:

"The Vertex Normal support implementation it's still pending and unfortunately it doesn't look like something that can be done easily in a short time period.

To be honest, as the overall 3ds max support of this feature has several limitations and in many cases those will be reset (like in some cases attaching / detaching within the Editable Mesh object, applying some modifiers (like the Slice one), non-compatibility with the Editable Patch etc.), we're not even sure, if there'll be a suitable solution for our plug-in integration maintaining the compatibility with all actual (and upocoming) features. Thanks for your comprehension."

Best regards,

BC4316

Re: RC Vertex Normals
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 05:05:08 PM »
Hi,

As I've just posted on this "It doesn't seem that Railclone support vertex normal!" tightly related thread:

"The Vertex Normal support implementation it's still pending and unfortunately it doesn't look like something that can be done easily in a short time period.

To be honest, as the overall 3ds max support of this feature has several limitations and in many cases those will be reset (like in some cases attaching / detaching within the Editable Mesh object, applying some modifiers (like the Slice one), non-compatibility with the Editable Patch etc.), we're not even sure, if there'll be a suitable solution for our plug-in integration maintaining the compatibility with all actual (and upocoming) features. Thanks for your comprehension."

Best regards,

I appreciate the reply!

yeah there are some fixes and work arounds for the issue, but just wanted to see if there was a more solid solution. I can do the workaround no problem. It's something thats only happened to me twice now so it't not even a major issue for me.

Thanks!