Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: No Geometry  (Read 2303 times)

MH4433

No Geometry
« on: October 01, 2015, 07:08:07 PM »
Hi,

I'm trying to make multiple Railclone styles based of the same base style, but when I copy style to a new Railclone object, the green Object Correct in the style menu changes to No Geometry and the instances from the new style are not showing up in the viewport or renderer. Could I be missing a step in the process?

Thanks,
Eoin.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: No Geometry
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 10:07:46 AM »
Hi,

Would you please describe your "copy work-flow" more in detail (ideally step by step) and specify your 3ds Max / RailClone versions?

As by Clone - Copy of the RailClone object, neither by crating a new one and using Copy Style to / Copy Style from button you shouldn't be facing those troubles ("No Geometry" warning), no matter if used Segments are embedded or linked.

In case you're merging the RailClone object from another scene, please double check you have the Select Influences check-box marked.

Also, please feel free to send us your to support@itoosoft.com through WeTransfer and we'll check it here. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

MH4433

Re: No Geometry
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 10:46:00 AM »
Hi Michal,

Sorry for the lack of details, was getting late last night in here. So I've built up a Railclone object a few months ago, 3ds max 2014 x64, Railclone 2.5.0. I am populating a stadium with fans and the main one I have created has people sitting and standing, I want to make a new one with the same people but remove the seated variations.

I have tried cloning the Railclone object, ctrl-v, and this creates a new working railcone object but uses the same style as the original, similar to an instance. If I edit the new style, the old one is also edited.

I've also tried creating a new RC object and selecting the old one, clicking on the "copy style to" button and then copying it to the new one, this is when the No Geometry warning appears..

i can send you the file if you still need it, but it is quite large, 130MB.

Thanks
Eoin