Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: No objects in the RailClone Library  (Read 385 times)

CR1821

No objects in the RailClone Library
« on: January 19, 2023, 04:10:52 PM »
Hi,

I'm new to RailClone. I've just installed it and tried to follow a tutorial in which the presenter opens the library and picks an object from it, but my library is empty. Why is that? After installing RailClone I was asked if I want to install a list of assets (I assume for the library) which I did. How do I make the library work? I've attached some screenshots. You can see the library is empty. Thanks in advance!

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: No objects in the RailClone Library
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2023, 09:00:28 AM »
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear, you're facing these troubles. Since the RC3, we've changed the way how bundled assets are handled - introduced the Update Manager (to update any package(s) when needed). One of the main reasons was the growing size of the installer and the necessity with any new release re-download all libraries & maps, though some didn't change since the last published version. Also, this way it allows us to update/add new libraries at any time without the need to release a new version of the plug-in itself.

The Update Manager should be launched automatically during the installation process but might be, that it didn't run correctly for some reason. Please, open the UpdateManager from Windows's Start menu or from C:\Program Files\Itoo Software\RailClonr Pro and proceed with the download of library assets

In case of any further troubles with it, I would suggest you reinstall all problematic packages in the following way from the Update Manager:
  • If you cannot see installed packages, Go to the View menu and select Installed Packages.
  • [Click on the icon for the package you'd like to remove.
  • [From the Details Dialog, click Uninstall.
  • [Hit the Install button at the bottom of the Update Manager.
I hope that helps.

Best regards,

CR1821

Re: No objects in the RailClone Library
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2023, 09:49:08 PM »
Thanks for the help! It turns out, I had downloaded the packages, but forgot to click on "Install" afterwards, haha. Stupid mistake. Anyways, everything's working fine now. :D