Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: scale is off and textures not loading 2013  (Read 4902 times)

RS1985

scale is off and textures not loading 2013
« on: May 08, 2014, 07:02:22 PM »
i have a big problem, when i add my objects all i get is one color an the scale is way off i have respect scale an no dice also i have to use global scale super high to see anything and non of the preset textures are loading, any one have this issue?

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: scale is off and textures not loading 2013
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 07:13:21 PM »
Hi,

I can't seem to reproduce this issue here.  If possible are able to upload a max file with one of the problematic styles added to help diagnose the problem?

Thanks,

Paul

Paul Roberts
iToo Software

RS1985

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 09:26:29 PM »
ok

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 08:44:50 AM »
Hi,

Though it wouldn't  affect the scale one reason why objects might not be displaying correctly is because RailClone uses an adaptive display mode that simplifies the geometry when the objects poly or object count  exceeds a certain level. If objects are displaying as a simple box this is probably the case. This behaviour is controlled from the Display rollout in the viewport group, it is possible to override this behaviour and force the viewport to display the full geometry by clicking Mesh (see attachment). Either way it will always render the full geometry, it is just an optimisation to improve viewport performance

​To address the textures issue, when RailClone is first used it should automatically add a number of user defined paths where the library's bitmaps are stored. If you go to Customise > Configure User Paths > External Files assuming RailClone is installed in the default location you should see the following entry:
​​
C:\Program Files (x86)\Itoo Software\RailClone Pro\maps

​If it is not present adding it manually should fix the problem. More information about this can be found in the ​installation and files reference.

​I hope that helps, please let me know if you have further questions.

​Thanks,

​Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software