Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Railclone material crashing Deadline farm  (Read 1030 times)

Mihail

Railclone material crashing Deadline farm
« on: July 24, 2023, 12:03:53 PM »
Hello,

I am setting up a small company render farm using Deadline. We are using 3DS Max 2023 along with Vray and RC+FP.  I setup a scene featuring various plugins and materials in order to test if everything works.

Unfortunately It is crashing but I managed to nail it down this issue:
-  If I have a default RC material present in the scene, the render on the Deadline farm crashes.
* FP renders without any issue
* If I keep the RC (do not convert it to mesh/poly) but I change the material and remove the texture maps from the 3DS Max "Asset Tracker" the scene renders ok.
* I tried collecting all the necessary RC maps to a network location that is accessible to the render nodes but the Deadline farm still crashes.
* When I opened to check the RC material I noticed this strange text in the Vray Properties: "This class does not have an implementation supplied by any of the currently loaded DLL's" ( see image attached). Could this be the issue and does anyone know how I can resolve this?

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Railclone material crashing Deadline farm
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2023, 03:03:47 PM »
Replied by email.

It’s related to the mental ray: material custom attribute – using the Scene Converter tool as explained in this related thread fixes it.

Mihail

Re: Railclone material crashing Deadline farm
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2023, 03:24:57 PM »
The provided solution works and everything is now rendering as expected. Thank you!