Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Spline local axis vs world axis  (Read 472 times)

concrete pixel

Spline local axis vs world axis
« on: September 28, 2020, 02:42:50 PM »
Hey guys! This is my first post on the forums. I've been learning railclone over the past few months and have been working on a script for a stone wall generator. My script is 98% complete except for an issue with local axis vs world axis of my splines. Here is the scenario...

I am using a nested L1S array to generate base objects for an A2S array. When my spline is oriented along the "X-Axis (world)" everything works fine. However, any spline NOT oriented to the "X-Axis (world)", blows up. I created a numeric input (float) to transform the "Z-Rotation", but this is very limiting and is not parametric.

I think the solution is trying to extract the coordinates from the spline to find it's position, then apply that rotation to my transform node. Is this possible to do with an arithmetic expression? This part of my script has stumped me... can you guys help?

Thanks!
-Dan
Dan Adams
Concrete Pixel
concpixel.com

Rokas

Re: Spline local axis vs world axis
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 03:01:22 PM »
Hi. Can You please share Your maxfile so we can check it? If possible simplified to the maximum to just illustrate the issue.
Rokas

concrete pixel

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 03:26:57 PM »
Here is a simplified version of the issue. I left the Z transform node at "0" to show the issue. If you change the value to 90, it will show correct coursing
Dan Adams
Concrete Pixel
concpixel.com

Rokas

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 03:46:45 PM »
Thanks.

You dont need to plug the same spline to both generators. It only creates this issue You are talking about.

Rokas

concrete pixel

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 03:52:52 PM »
That works great! Thank you!
Dan Adams
Concrete Pixel
concpixel.com