Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Pavement, gaps between bricks  (Read 427 times)

NL4355

Pavement, gaps between bricks
« on: December 05, 2021, 12:18:56 PM »
Hi, guys, I need help with the pavement. The question is simple: how to equalize gaps between the bricks? I've tried integrated macros for the pavement, but it gives the same result and does not have a function to create the borders. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 07:51:40 PM by NL4355 »

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Pavement, gaps between bricks
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 10:32:31 AM »
The issue here is that you have bend disabled for the bricks, so if they cannot be deformed the gaps have to be opened instead. If you enable Bend, the gaps close up, but then the bricks will be deformed.

Another option is to change the generator's Y Mode to Free which will allow each row to be calculated independently. This will allow the brick sizes to remain closer to their original size and the gaps to close, but obviously, then the rows would get out of alignment (as would happen in real life). In the attached file I've added segments to the corners which has the effect of resetting the offset pattern after a corner. If you detach the Default input you can see more clearly how it is working.

I hope that helps,
Paul

« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 10:47:45 AM by Paul Roberts »
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

NL4355

Re: Pavement, gaps between bricks
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 11:40:37 AM »
That's what I needed. Bricks get deformed a little anyway, but it's acceptable. Thank you!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 11:50:50 AM by NL4355 »