Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Railclone color not working?  (Read 607 times)

DT

Railclone color not working?
« on: December 03, 2021, 12:10:17 PM »
I have a railclone that scatters 5 vrayproxy cars. The carpaint of all 5 of them is an instanced VrayCarPaintMtl with a Railclone color map with 6 color swatches. Blending mode is set to normal.

For my license plates the same, but with 10 different textures.

Instancing Engine is on and use Segment Material is on.

Problem is there is no randomization at all. All the colors are the same and all the licenseplates are the same. Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to add a special node in my definition?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 12:14:13 PM by VIZIOEN »

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Railclone color not working?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 12:38:18 PM »
Hmm,

That's strange. I just did a quick test and RC Colour is working here as expected when scattering V-Ray proxies.

If you can reproduce it with a minimal scene and send it to helpdesk@itoosoft.com I'll take a close look.

Cheers,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

DT

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2021, 12:56:17 PM »
Hmm,

That's strange. I just did a quick test and RC Colour is working here as expected when scattering V-Ray proxies.

If you can reproduce it with a minimal scene and send it to helpdesk@itoosoft.com I'll take a close look.

Cheers,
Paul

Yeah I find it strange too. I've uploaded the scene to wetransfer. Will send you by email. Thanks.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2021, 01:50:49 PM »
Thanks for the file. I've taken a look at a single car and it would appear the the paint colour is OK. The variations between them were quire tough to see so I added some more vibrant colours for testing purposes and all seemed OK.

For the number plates on the other hand it would appear the the checkboxes next to the maps were not activated.

Hope that helps,
Paul
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 02:05:51 PM by Paul Roberts »
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

RealViz

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2021, 02:04:09 PM »
I also ran into this behavior once (RCcolor). I think it was because the material was assigned after the RC object was created. However, it was enough to open the scene again. But I don't have confirmation of this.

DT

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2021, 02:10:28 PM »
Thanks for the file. I've taken a look at a single car and it would appear the the paint colour is OK. The variations between them were quire tough to see so I added some more vibrant colours for testing purposes and all seemed OK.

For the number plates on the other hand it would appear the the checkboxes next to the maps were not activated.

Hope that helps,
Paul

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the help, that is strange though, because these were the same colours I used in a ForestColor with these cars and same distribution and that was visible. As for the license plates, my mistake. Sorry.

DT

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2021, 11:54:32 AM »

Hope that helps,
Paul

Hi Paul,

I can't get this to work, I've removed all the other cars in the RC definition, except for one, I tried to replace the Railclone color map as well (with bright colors). I tried with Vraycolors instead of using the color swatch. It justs ignores the other colors/maps/swatches. It only takes the first one. No idea why it works in your case and not mine. Maybe there's a bug with this RC beta?

EDIT: I just updated my RC to the latest Beta, and it seems it's working now. Not sure if it was because the update or because (as Realviz stated as well) I had to close and reopen Max for it to work. Although this is unlikely as I closed and reopened Max a few times in the mean time.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 12:05:40 PM by VIZIOEN »

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2021, 01:42:37 PM »
Maybe that was it. Glad to hear it is working now in any case.

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software