Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Clipping area problem.  (Read 670 times)

Joker1979

Clipping area problem.
« on: October 27, 2022, 03:32:34 PM »
Hello, I started a new thread to describe the problem with which I came across, I would like to scale the cliping area evenly on each side, unfortunately I cannot use splineoffset for the project, does anyone have any idea how to do it in the Array 2S generator? One more thing would be great for splineoffsets to be another modifier that can be connected directly to the generator, it would change a lot
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 03:45:59 PM by Joker1979 »

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Clipping area problem.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 10:38:01 AM »
I'm afraid there's not an easy way to do that directly inside RailClone. The only way really is to modify the original spline either using Spline offset or native Max tools if that's not an option. I agree that Spline offsets features would be handy inside RailClone. I'll pass that suggestion on.

Thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Joker1979

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 11:05:49 AM »
Paul, thanks for the information, I think I was able to fix it for two days, but I reached some compromise, I have the roof made as I wanted, but now I have another problem, I had a spline with 3 different IDs, each time when I chose a different id the building appeared on a specific spline but when I introduced splineoffset and added a new ID in it, this function stopped working as it should. Could you go inside the generator and see if it can be repaired, because now, despite the fact that I change id, the roof stays on others. The whole generator is well done for this function, but as I wrote through splineoffset ID everything was complicated and I don't know how to fix it now

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 03:22:51 PM »
Actually I think Spline offset isn't going to work for you in this case because the material ID increment counter does not restart for each subspline. I'll mention that to the development team, but as a free plugin it won't be a high-priority fix.

How about the technique in the attached instead? It builds the roof from a single spline, but offset so that it defines the smallest clipping area instead of the line of the exterior walls. You can still use Spline offset to add that offset automatically so that the original spline defines the outer size you want if you like.

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Joker1979

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2022, 03:43:07 PM »
Thanks Paul for your help, will have to wait until there is a splineoffset implemented in the generator then maybe it will be possible to do something about it. Greetings