Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Pavement and drop curb collisions  (Read 1384 times)

VanWijnen

Pavement and drop curb collisions
« on: March 11, 2019, 12:43:46 PM »
Hi,

I've just started with Railclone Pro and after watching a lot of tutorials I cant seem to figure a few things out.

I followed the 'create a drop curb' tutorial and was able to recreate the curb, with my own models implemented. The pavement collides with the kerb and the drain. How can I combine the two RC objects to ensure the drop curb doesn't collide with the tiles? I know it's possible since the presets in the RC library avoid those exact collisions.

Advanced users might be able to deduce the answer from the preset setup, but unfortunately I'm not able to. Could anyone please help me with this?

EDIT 12-3-2019; I've added some pictures to show what's going on. The collisions of the pavement with the kerb are "fixed" by setting a y-offset. As you can see the problem with the drain remains.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 11:14:14 AM by VanWijnen »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Pavement and drop curb collisions
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 08:35:47 AM »
Hi,

Using the offset will be probably the easiest way. Another possible set-up would be to use rendertime booleans. Should the drain also be better synced with the tile distribution so that they line up in a predictable way? Please feel free to upload or send us your scene to have a look at it.

Best regards,

VanWijnen

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 09:05:59 AM »
Hi Michal,

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. I've continued to look for alternate ways to work around this problem so I decided to use a different kind of drain. The problem with the drop kerb remains. I've attached a simple scene to show what I mean. The offset would work fine for the full height kerb but not for the drop kerb. Would you mentioned solution be able to fix that?

The position of the tiles for the drop kerb doesn't really matter to me, so that doesn't have to be distributed in a predictable way.

VanWijnen

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 02:28:30 PM »
I found a solution! There's probably a smarter way but this is a very easy way to have it behave like I want to.

ID1 is the full height kerb
ID2 is the drop kerb
ID3 is a null