Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: curbs Vray error  (Read 6095 times)

SS3240

curbs Vray error
« on: December 17, 2013, 05:02:41 PM »
When I try to use the Median or Island objects from the curbs library I get a vray error and they do not insert correctly. I am using Mental Ray

Filename vrender90.dll Class VRaymtl Superclass: 0xC00

All the other curbs work correctly

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: curbs Vray error
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 05:40:37 PM »
Hi,

I've had a look through the Mental Ray material library  to see if there are any V-Ray maps or materials lurking there and I can't see any, so it sounds to me like it's using the V-Ray library for some reason.

In the library browser it might be worth changing the Materials>Using value from "automatic selector" to "Mental Ray" and changing On Duplicate Material to "replace from library" and re selecting the library item to see if it can force the correct material to load.

Let me know if that helps,

Thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

SS3240

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 05:49:07 PM »
Thanks for your reply Paul, that didn't work. I tried opening the _RC_Street_road_01.max and that give me the same error

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 08:34:46 PM »
That's odd, I've been through that file and I can find no references to V-Ray anyway. Does it work if you merge the RailClone objects from _RC_Street_road_01.max  to a new empty .max file?
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

SS3240

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 02:10:02 PM »
Thanks Paul. I tried that and still got the vray error

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 03:25:15 PM »
Hi,

I just tried this file on my second machine that doesn't have V-Ray and I get the same problem. Running this script on the scene file seems to remove the rogue materials and the V-Ray problem. I'd make a back up first though just to be safe.

If you'd prefer iToo to send you a new scene file please let me know and I'll arrange it.

Hope that helps,

Thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software