Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Problem with simple 1S Array  (Read 1198 times)

NP2889

Problem with simple 1S Array
« on: November 30, 2015, 05:29:36 PM »
Well i am sorry.
I am quite sure, i am not the first who asks this sort questions.

What i want to do, is a simple 1S Array with two windows segments , one with glas another with a Closed Pannel at the side.

i have wired them to be able to change the starting pannel which at each fassade shall be allways the same.. The Glas-segment or the one with the Pannel...    also i have wired in two mirror operators, to be able to mirror each of these segments in them selve.

now. i have chosen adaptive mode, to allways get uncut segments of course. also these segments have a given depth.

Now i´ve put in like shown an invisible segment at the corners to get a gap and wired in another 1S Array to fill in the elements for the edges..  But..

at the outer edges i get big gaps and at the inner corners they fit quite nice.. or...  if i change the gap of the outer corners, the inner corners go away..

i want each corner  and corner segment to be exactly the same. and the cornersegments have to be as whide and deph as the fassade itselve.

how can i reach this  ?   

NP2889

Re: Problem with simple 1S Array
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 05:40:21 PM »
Well at this point i found out, that when i change the alignment of the segments in this Style to automatic, the Fassade gets created centerd on the spline...  now the fassade looks allright.  But of course i want the same effect, using the allready present path of the outline of my  floors of my building and the fassade get constructed to the outside..

at this point my only workaround was to meser the depth of my fassade and to take have this length and duplicate my spline this length to the outside..   which isnt what was very handy...  hmm..  ::)

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 06:14:50 PM »
Hi,

If the segments are centred on the spline they the spaces required to create the corner cap are the same whether it's an interior or exterior corner, but as you point out it may not be ideal if the path is not drawn to take account of that issue.

Fortunately the answer is quite straightforward. If you create the style with the Segments centred, you can then use the Generator's Y Offset parameter to move everything back into the correct position in relation to the spline.

I hope that helps.

Thanks!

Paul

« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 06:17:51 PM by Paul Roberts »
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

NP2889

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 06:41:49 PM »
Yeep..

this fixes the problem..

well before opening your scene i used a comparable solution..   set segments on center .

Only problem is following.  when you youse this style , you want to use it as a first preset for a new architekture.. but that way usualy you change the geometry of the segments used and the fassade can change its depth...

and for this reason i wired in the Y Szise output of the standart element  together with a math operator (a division by two) of the fassade and wired this in to the arrays y offset.. 

this way , this gets automatically changed exactly the right amount 

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 06:44:48 PM »
Sound like a good idea, I'm all for making styles easier to reuse   :D
Paul Roberts
iToo Software