Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Placing blank "spandrel" panels  (Read 649 times)

Macker

Placing blank "spandrel" panels
« on: November 14, 2019, 12:53:38 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm trying to create a window style which will allow me to have regular spaced windows; this is easy, and I've managed to get it working. But I would like to add some functionality that will allow me to place spandrel panels (basically just opaque/insulated glass panels within the window frame) at certain points along the length of the spline, and be able to adjust the width of these to hide any walls behind.

How can I achieve this? I see the new RC Spline modifier and think this would be ideal but have no idea how to set it up.

Macker

Re: Placing blank "spandrel" panels
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 03:40:08 PM »
Ok, I think I've almost got it working how I want/need although there are a few kinks that I'd like to get ironed out...

See my setup attached.

I'd like to be able to get the start/end piece of the spandrel to work correctly when it is placed at the start/end of an RC Spline. I'm not sure how to achieve this.

I'd also like to be able to adjust the size of each of these panels via the RC spline rollout. How do I achieve this?

Macker

Re: Placing blank "spandrel" panels
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 04:16:41 PM »
Update; I've got the x size of the panels to export via an expression; but changing it on the RCSpline doesn't seem to do anything.

[Edit] FIXED! I just had to (rather counter intuitively) use the x size operator from the main/master linear generator, rather than the one that I was trying to change the size of.

Now, if someone could help me get the panels to have the correct end piece if they're the last segment that'd be great!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 05:54:35 PM by Macker »